10,000 signatures reached
To: Kevin O'Leary
We reject Kevin O'Leary's Trump-style politics
Add your name to the open letter below!
Dear Mr. O’Leary,
Today you announced you are running for the leadership of the Conservative Party. Your candidacy has drawn parallels to Donald Trump for its crass political opportunism and you have recently stated your support for Trump, saying that you would have voted for him and that the "next five years are going to be amazing." 
We reject these statements and others, such as your position that we should not raise taxes on the wealthiest people, or that it's fantastic news that 3.5 billion people live in poverty. We reject your privileging of corporate gain over the needs of the environment and our social safety net. We reject Trumpism in any form and will stand together to make Canada a more equal, just and sustainable country.
Why is this important?
Here are just a few of the things Mr O’Leary has said over the last few years:
- He said the fact that 3.5 billion people are living in poverty is “fantastic news” 
- He said he would have voted for Trump and that we should "Hail King Trump" [1, 3]
- He told a business student that as long as you’re wealthy, you can have ‘many girlfriends’
- He said he has “grave concerns” about raising taxes on the wealthiest Canadians 
- He wants to eliminate the carbon tax, build more pipelines and reduce regulations 
- He has suggested selling seats in the Senate 
- He called unions ‘evil’ and said that if he became Prime Minister he would make unions illegal and throw union members in jail 
 Kevin O'Leary Continues To Lay On American Boosterism By Praising 'King Trump' (Huffington Post): http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/01/11/kevin-oleary-trump_n_14106226.html?utm_hp_ref=kevin-oleary
 Shark Tank's Kevin O'Leary says 3.5 billion people in comparative poverty is 'fantastic news' (The Independent): http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/shark-tanks-kevin-oleary-says-35-billion-people-in-poverty-is-fantastic-news-9077070.html
 O'Leary says he would have voted for Trump (iPolitics): http://ipolitics.ca/2016/12/16/oleary-says-he-wouldve-voted-for-trump/
 Kevin O’Leary’s advice to students: if you're wealthy, you can have ‘many girlfriends’ (Press Progress): https://www.pressprogress.ca/kevin_oleary_advice_to_students_if_youre_wealthy_you_can_have_many_girlfriends
 The Political Pearls of Kevin O’Leary (The Tyee): https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2017/01/18/Political-Pearls-Kevin-OLeary/ \
 Kevin O’Leary: ‘If I don’t deliver a majority mandate in 2019, fire me’ (Global): http://globalnews.ca/news/3188715/kevin-oleary-majority-beat-justin-trudeau-or-fire-me/?sf51556253=1
 Kevin O'Leary Suggests Selling Senate Seats (Huffington Post): http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/01/15/kevin-oleary-senate_n_14186154.html
 Unions - Review from the Office of the Ombudsman. (CBC) http://www.ombudsman.cbc.radio-canada.ca/en/complaint-reviews/2011/unions/